Augusta, GA (May 23, 2018) – Peach State Federal Credit Union has awarded four scholarships to Richmond County high school students. Each student received a $2,000 scholarship to assist with their college education costs:
- The Brian J. Mulherin, Sr. Scholarship was created in honor of the late Mr. Mulherin for his commitment and dedication to the former Richmond Community Federal Credit Union and the citizens of Richmond County. The scholarship was awarded to Edward Rails, a student at A.R. Johnson Health, Science and Engineering Magnet School.
- The Gracewood Student Scholarship was established to honor the history of service built by the former Richmond Community Federal Credit Union Board of Directors. The scholarship was awarded to Malachi Walden, a student at T.W. Josey High School.
- The Marion Barnes Scholarship was established to honor the former Richmond County Teachers FCU Board Member. The scholarship was awarded to Sarah Martinez, a student at the Academy of Richmond County.
- The Richmond County Teachers Student Scholarship was created to honor the Board of Directors that served the former Richmond County Teachers FCU. The scholarship was awarded to Kayla Washington, a student at Westside High School.
The following Augusta area residents also received Career Advancement scholarships, established to support Peach State members who are continuing their education:
- Stephanie C. Mack | A. Brian Merry Elementary School
- LaPorsha Zanders | Deer Chase Elementary School
“These scholarships honor the contributions of Richmond Community FCU and RCT FCU, and their volunteer Boards of Directors. Educators founded our credit unions and we’re proud to honor them through our support of the educators of the future,” said Peach State President/CEO, Marshall Boutwell.
Peach State was founded by educators more than 55 years ago and remains dedicated to supporting teachers and students. Since 2002, Peach State has awarded more than $1.3 million in scholarships and educational grants.
About Peach State Federal Credit Union
Peach State is a $462 million credit union that serves almost 60,000 members in Georgia and South Carolina. Operating as a not-for-profit financial cooperative, Peach State’s mission is to provide quality financial services that meet the needs and exceed the expectations of its member-owners. For more information, visit www.peachstatefcu.org.